Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Why I love baseball

Kasey At The Bat

I know I am a week behind on this link-up,BUT, that is okay. I still wanted to participate because baseball was my first sport love. No wait,that was basketball in the 90s when the Bulls were actually great....but anyways! Back to my love for my Cubs!!

I have been a Cubs fan since birth, a necessity and no-brainer as I grew up just north of Chicago. I started going to Wrigley (Wrigley,I love that park and its history! Just thinking about it makes me smile with great memories) with my friends in Middle School and High School. We would follow the Cubs religiously and make signs and go early for batting practice and with hopes of retrieving an autograph or a ball. I did indeed receive a ball with four autographs on it,one of which is Ryan Dempster's (before he was even one of our lead pitchers). Fun times my Besties and I had!

One other memory I have is in 2003 when the Cubs clinched their Division, I was at the double-header game! I can still see all the players on the field and spraying the fans in the bleachers with champagne! 

I will admit though that the last few Seasons I have not been as enamored with my Cubbies but I am still a fan,and baseball is still one of my favorites.

I will always remember the fun I had with my family and friends at Wrigley and I hope to introduce my own kiddos to the heart of Chicago one day!

These are all pictures I have taken (or someone else took them if I am in them...) over the past years. 










3 comments:

  1. I AM SO JEALOUS OF WRIGLEY. I mean the Ted is pretty cool, but it doesn't have half the history + story as Wrigley! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wrigley. I was beyond honored to throw out the first pitch there 2 years ago. I can't wait for the season to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say Yay Cubs. Life long fan and can't wait to go to a game or two this year. We live and breathe baseball at our house. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!