Friday, April 11, 2014

book club



Lisa Unger's In the Blood

Someone knows Lana’s secret – and he’s dying to tell.
Lana Granger lives a life of lies. She has told so many lies about where she comes from and who she is that the truth is like a cloudy nightmare she can’t quite recall. About to graduate from college and with her trust fund almost tapped out, she takes a job babysitting a troubled boy named Luke. Expelled from schools all over the country, the manipulative young Luke is accustomed to controlling the people in his life. But, in Lana, he may have met his match. Or has Lana met hers?
When Lana’s closest friend, Beck, mysteriously disappears, Lana resumes her lying ways—to friends, to the police, to herself. The police have a lot of questions for Lana when the story about her whereabouts the night Beck disappeared doesn’t jibe with eyewitness accounts. Lana will do anything to hide the truth, but it might not be enough to keep her ominous secrets buried: someone else knows about Lana’s lies. And he’s dying to tell.
(thanks to her website)

I was not a fan of this book the further I continued to read it;it was rather dull and too dark/disturbing (even for me!) and it never really caught on fire until the last fifty or so pages. A bit too unbelievable as well,a lot of twists/surprises. I normally like Lisa's work but this one just didn't cut it for me.

******
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Aaah, I felt that when I read The Cuckoo's Calling. It was too heavy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!