Friday, October 5, 2012

book club



Link up too with the lovelies, Heather and Katie!


This week I read Next to Love by Ellen Feldman

A story of love, war, loss, and the scars they leave, Next to Love follows the lives of three young women and their men during the years of World War II and its aftermath, beginning with the men going off to war and ending a generation later, when their children are on the cusp of their own adulthood.
Beautifully crafted and unforgettable, Next to Love depicts the enduring power of love and friendship, and illuminates a transformational moment in American history.
(thanks to her website)

I liked this book although it wasn't as sweet and romantic as I thought it would be. An interesting look into how War can change/effect families,women and men. All three women characters have different outcomes with their life during and after WWII. A touching and unique story that made me think about how I would have handled things if I had been one of the military wives.

I am currently reading Elizabeth The Queen by Sally Bedell Smith  which is quite long but so far quite interesting as well.

******
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow...this sounds great! As you saw on my blog, I love any WWII read! Hope you have a great weekend.

    I love your blog, by the way! I'm your newest follower! :)

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!