Sunday, August 12, 2012

sunday social


Sunday Social

Thanks to Ashley & Neely as always!



If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pasta! So many different options/types and sauce combos.
What's your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
Guilty pleasures:I love chips & dip/salsa, Reese's pb cups or peanut butter mms. or a grande Starbucks frapp.
What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten?
Sushi or fried octopus...I am not that adventurous but I will usually try anything once (especially if you don't tell me what it is first lol).
What foods do you avoid at all costs?
Shellfish;I am just not a fan of lobster,crab.shrimp. The texture is gross and there isn't much flavor.
What meal reminds you of your childhood?
Home made Mac n Cheese, a happy meal from McDonalds (when it was a special occasion lol), tuna noodle bake.
Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.
My Aunt M's cheesy egg souffle:
 It is basically 8 slices of (frozen) white bread that that you butter then cube. Mix eggs,milk,some salt/pepper and dry mustard together. Grate cheddar cheese then alternately layer the bread and cheese in a baking dish until all used. Pour the egg mixture over the whole thing; refrigerate it overnight or for a few hours before you bake it. DELICIOUS!
We eat this every Christmas morning, every Good Friday for dinner, and any other special family get together. So gooey,cheesy and easy! Probably one of the first recipes my siblings and I learned to make growing up :)

Here is a very similar recipe I found for it. Although we don't use red pepper, we bake it for one hour and we keep the crust on the bread.
******
Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. I like fried shrimp but crab is too sweet for me. My mom and husband like crab though but we rarely have seafood unless we are at the beach and it's fresh.

    I love pasta so much it's so yummy and rib sticking good.

    That recipe for egg souffle I will have to try because it sounds amazing!

    Ashley
    ashleyspain.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. That souffle sounds awesome! And you can't ever go wrong with Pasta... or Reese's. Sooooo good! :)

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I'm your newest follower:)

    Shelby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My rule is nothing that swims goes in my mouth :) That souffle sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to try out that souffle for Christmas morning!
    Found you thru the Sunday Social...and I'm your newest follower! YAY!

    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your comfort foods! And I use to hate sea food but I am slowly opening up to it the more I travel around. I am with everyone else and I think I might have to give that souffle a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!