Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top 5 Tuesday

Top 5 Recipes

Just Peachy

I am a decent cook and (don't mind mind if I brag here) a great baker...here are my top 5 recipes that are easy and delicious:

1. Simple Scones
I try to make scones once a week or two and I always get rave reviews. They have actually become a staple on our Christmas morning breakfast table. My go-to add in for these scones are cinnamon chips (I use King Arthur's cinnamon chips) and they are divine. I also love to use pumpkin instead of sour cream for my pumpkin scones, or I toss in cranberries and some lemon zest in the Summer time. The title says it all, simple scones indeed!

2. Pumpkin Bread
I just made a batch of this bread this weekend. So quick to make because you mix everything into one big bowl and it tastes awesome. I made muffins and 4 mini loaves this time from one batch-it seriously makes a lot of pumpkin bread.

3. Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
I LOVE these cookies! I have made two batches in the past two weeks...and I like to toss in lots of chocolate chips (like dark chocolate, white chocolate, semi sweet). My 2 year old nephew recently helped me make these--a fun and easy recipe!

4. Italian Casserole
This is a recipe that my family has had for years and years (it was cut out from the newspaper ages ago... so I don't have the link for you, sorry! But if you are interested, email me and I will type it up for you!). Basically you put cooked egg noodles, spinach, ground beef, tomato paste, tomato sauce, carrots,spices, onion, garlic into a big pot and simmer it for an hour or so. The smell alone is heavenly and it tastes even better. A great meal that pairs perfectly with red wine and some freshly baked bread.

5. Gnocchi
It is no secret that I totally indulge my Italian roots (I could/would eat pasta everyday) so I love Giada's recipes. Last week I made my first round of her gnocchi and it was perfecto! And truly easy and relatively quick. Grate some fresh Parmesan cheese on top and have some red wine and you are set :)

******
There you go, I hope you found something new to try!

******
Thanks, Rachel!

2 comments:

  1. The Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies look amazing! I need to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG nutella makes my heart so happy right now. I need to try those!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!