Friday, October 28, 2011

A long one for book club

Today is friday which means it is Book Club Day!


This week I made  am almost done making  my way through The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. It is long,guys-over 500 pages and the days have just flown by with not a lot of time for reading. Okay,okay,I do remember wasting a bunch of time this week reading blogs and watching tv....but anyways!

Back to the novel that I am almost finished with....I LOVE it! It is a great story that takes place over one hundred years and it is set in Australia and England. It is way better than it sounds, I promise, because it is a journey and mystery set on finding out why a little girl was left alone on a ship in the early 1900s that was set for Australia. I give it an A and I haven't even reached the ending. UPDATE: I just finished it and I really loved it; a sweet ending and just when I thought I knew how things would turn out Kate Morton goes and switches it up again. Fantastic story and writing!!



(from Kate Mortron's website)
On the eve of the first world war, a little girl is found abandoned on a ship to Australia. A mysterious woman called the Authoress had promised to look after her-but the Authoress has disappeared without a trace.
On the night of her twenty-first birthday, Nell O'Connor learns a secret that will change her life forever. Decades later, she embarks upon a search for the truth that leads her to the windswept Cornish coast and the strange and beautiful Blackhurst Manor, once owned by the aristocratic Mountrachet family.
On Nell's death, her grand-daughter, Cassandra, comes into an unexpected inheritance. Cliff Cottage and its forgotten garden are notorious amongst the Cornish locals for the secrets they hold - secrets about the doomed Mountrachet family and their ward Eliza Makepeace, a writer of dark Victorian fairytales. It is here that Cassandra will finally uncover the truth about the family, and solve the century-old mystery of a little girl lost.

Just go read it...please :)

Happy Friday, Happy Reading & Happy Weekend!!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!