Wednesday, February 4, 2015

What I have made:

Cream of Broccoli Soup

The perfect soup for a Winter dinner. It is so delicious and has a great broccoli flavor. I am tempted to use frozen broccoli next time,just to see the difference. Pretty quick prep and even better that when I put the soup in the blender it didn't explode all over me! The key,like they say,is to fill the blender a little bit,not all the way. Also,I didn't puree mine too much because I like the consistency of some chunks of broccoli. Perfect with bread or crackers--and salad.

Greek Stuffed Chicken

This was okay,nothing to special and I probably won't rush to make it again. It did have a nice feta and spinach flavor (when I got some).  Although it wasn't as time consuming or messy as I thought it would be. I used 2-3 toothpicks in each chicken breast,too,to keep them sealed while cooking in the pan. I paired them with brown rice and salad.

Chinese Beef and Bok Choy

Anything with the word "slow cooker" in it is an instant winner with me. I liked the simplicity of this recipe,although be sure to rinse your cut up leeks in some cold water! It doesn't mention this step in the recipe but I read in a different recipe that leeks are gritty so you should rinse them a few times in a bowl of cold water. Also,I peeled the garlic cloves (I didn't feel like picking through the dish to find all the white papery garlic peel pieces at the end). And I wasn't able to find bok choy at my grocery store (thanks to the snow storm that delayed the deliveries) so I used a small head of cabbage in lieu of bok choy and it worked. I made some white rice to go along with this and it was a wonderful,juicy,tasty dinner.


1 comment:

  1. The soup sounds delicious! Where did you find the recipe, if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!