Tuesday, June 18, 2013

California: day 3

My sister-in-law and I started our day bright and early as we headed out on a 5-hour long whale watching trip. We were excited and couldn't wait to see whales.


Bay Bridge beauty

 Unfortunately,the whales were being shy and we only saw a quick glance of a Humpback wayyyy off in the distance. Can you say major disappointment?!? But it was still a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we did see sea lions and jellyfish...



At least we were finally able to see the Golden Gate Bridge,too! What a sight it is! The fog was something else too,it only added beauty to the whole scene.






Once back at Pier 39, we met up with my brother and the kiddos for some lunch (crab cakes for me,so tasty!), carousel riding and souvenir shopping...










 Then we walked passed Fisherman's Wharf as we headed over to Ghirardelli Square...






Lovebugs 3 & 5 LOVED discovering the Pacific ocean, she thought it was awesome and he liked walking back and forth in the sand :) 


A long but enjoyable first full day in San Francisco!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!