Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Downtown Abbey

I am late to this bandwagon BUT it was worth the wait, Downtown Abbey is a decent show but I love anything classic, monarchy related and British!



I bought my parents season one for Christmas (they eat up any show that is British/on pbs) and season one was quickly watched and enjoyed over the weekend.




Here is what I discovered about Downtown Abbey:
  • Thomas and O'Brien are truly horrible people
  • Mr. Carson and Ms. Hughes are awesome leaders of the staff
  • The Cook is nutty and too tough on poor dumb Daisy
  • William finally stood up to Thomas, hooray!
  • Anna is great and I like the idea of her and sweet Mr. Bates
  • The Lord and Lady are lovely people
  • Their three daughters,not so much, well except for Sybil she is lovely!
  • Sisters can sure be mean,spiteful and down right disgusting to one another
  • Sudden deaths of bad people are shocking yet it was a slightly funny incident
  • Cousin Matthew should be glad he can leave
  • Mary is spoiled and stupid
  • Edith,I felt bad for her but then she went too far, but I still feel bad for her since no one really pays her any attention
  • It still irks me that people would marry family members or drastically old men and it is all perfectly acceptable and encouraged
  • Branson is strong and loyal
  • The two year time-span was a bit strange, time passed but it seemed as though issues took forever long to deal with
  • Everyone gossips and has opinions about everyone, staff and Royal family alike
  • Lots of people live in that Abbey!
  • What will the War do to the staff and family?!

Has anyone watched this show? I don't want to know what happens yet I am anxious to see how the next couple of seasons play out.

Now I can't wait for season two to arrive from the library :)

(thanks to google for the images)

5 comments:

  1. I love Downton and just wait for season 2! A whole lot more drama goes on and you begin to question your first opinions on some characters. I can't wait for season 3 to come to the US starting on SUNDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be catching up on this show as soon as this baby comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such good things about this show! I really need to jump on the band wagon haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Downton Abbey, and I'm looking forward to season 3 this Sunday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have GOT to watch this show! I've heard so many good things about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!