I bought my parents season one for Christmas (they eat up any show that is British/on pbs) and season one was quickly watched and enjoyed over the weekend.
Here is what I discovered about Downtown Abbey:
- Thomas and O'Brien are truly horrible people
- Mr. Carson and Ms. Hughes are awesome leaders of the staff
- The Cook is nutty and too tough on poor dumb Daisy
- William finally stood up to Thomas, hooray!
- Anna is great and I like the idea of her and sweet Mr. Bates
- The Lord and Lady are lovely people
- Their three daughters,not so much, well except for Sybil she is lovely!
- Sisters can sure be mean,spiteful and down right disgusting to one another
- Sudden deaths of bad people are shocking yet it was a slightly funny incident
- Cousin Matthew should be glad he can leave
- Mary is spoiled and stupid
- Edith,I felt bad for her but then she went too far, but I still feel bad for her since no one really pays her any attention
- It still irks me that people would marry family members or drastically old men and it is all perfectly acceptable and encouraged
- Branson is strong and loyal
- The two year time-span was a bit strange, time passed but it seemed as though issues took forever long to deal with
- Everyone gossips and has opinions about everyone, staff and Royal family alike
- Lots of people live in that Abbey!
- What will the War do to the staff and family?!
Has anyone watched this show? I don't want to know what happens yet I am anxious to see how the next couple of seasons play out.
Now I can't wait for season two to arrive from the library :)
(thanks to google for the images)