Sunday, October 21, 2012

saturday night: brandi carlile

Bestie B and I went to the famed Chicago Theater last night to listen to the amazingly talented Brandi Carlile . I love her music and voice, plus she writes a lot of her songs and is able to play the piano and guitar!























Looking up and around the Theater;it was like a church!




 Her opening act was the neat group, Blitzen Trapper and they played for almost an hour!


What a show Brandi put on!! She sounds just like her cds, which is great, I hate when singers sound sorta different "live" (you know what I mean). She was funny and kept expressing her genuine gratitude for being able to play at the Theater, "i've been dreaming about playing here for you guys don't even know how long!"







We had great seats, too...so close we were!

She gave away one of her guitars to "one of my biggest fans, under 20, who plays the guitar...I love my job!"

And she performed one of her songs totally unplugged, it was as though we were just hanging out with her...and it showcased her strong voice!


She came back out after almost an hour and a half of singing/playing and sang a beautiful rendition of "Alleluia". She truly had the whole theater mesmerized!

Well worth the ticket price, interesting people watching, and she has quite the variety of fans :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!