Saturday, September 8, 2012

I needed this

A great reminder,for me today,especially.

All I want is a full-time teaching job, a place of my own, money to travel the world with and a boyfriend.

Sometimes I dwell on what I don't have instead of what He has already blessed me with: a job that makes me laugh and feel loved everyday, a job that makes gets me into the classroom if only twice a week, being able to pay my bills, a loving and supportive family, food to eat, safety, clothes and a great group of girlfriends that always listen to me.

I saw this post and it really resonated with me...courtesy of Janice:

When things aren’t going right, we don’t want to stay committed or faithful, actually we just don’t want to do good anymore. Ever feel that way? I’m sure we have.
We live beyond our feelings and still need to do what’s right and stay fully committed to this journey. God has called each and everyone of us on this journey for a purpose, because He has a purpose. A purpose for your hurt, troubles, trials, failures, everything!
Continue to fight this fight of faith. Stand strong. Don’t grow weary. Trust. And be faithful.
There are several of things you need to remember:
1. God is faithful.
Psalm 40:1-2: I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.
2. He is all powerful.
Col. 1:16: God created all things and holds all things together, both in heaven and on earth, both visible and invisible.
3. He is all knowing.
Romans 11:33: God knows all things past, present, and future. There is no limit to His knowledge, for God knows everything completely before it even happens.
4. He has your name written on the palm of his hand
Isa. 49:13: See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands.
5. This is how much God loves you, He collects your tears.
Psalm 56:8: You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.

Scripture to meditate on:
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
******

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I also look at what I have and every time I also remember the things I have and realized how blessed I really am.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!