Saturday, May 12, 2012

what i have made...

both of these were hits this week and come from giada's newest cookbook, weeknights with giada

Mini Meatball Sandwiches

Very tasty,especially on the sweet Hawaiian rolls. Just like she states: simple and fast! Mix it all into one bowl and then make meatballs. I did double the recipe since I had a whole pound of ground beef and it turned out to make plenty of meatballs plus extra for leftovers. I used a cookie scooper instead of using my hands to make the meatballs and I found that to be PERFECT because then the meatballs were flat on one side and easily stayed in the roll :) They were a hit!

Arugula,Ricotta, Mozzarella Pizza

This was my first ever homemade pizza and it was a success. It looked just like the photo too! The only changes I made were regular mozzarella cheese instead of smoked (i like smoked but i didn't find any at my local dominicks) and spinach instead of arugula (spinach was cheaper!).  I really loved that the pizza dough was store bought yet it tasted like I made it myself. A fantastically easy,fast and healthy dinner! It paired nicely with a cucumber and orange pepper salad I also made.

YUM YUM YUMMMMM!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try the meatballs tonight! THey look so easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!