Saturday, March 3, 2012

What I have made...

Last week I made a perfect meal for a meat-less Friday Lenten dinner: Orecchiette with Greens.

It was good, but I don't know if I just wasn't a fan of the wilted salad greens or the sun-dried tomatoes. We took out the goat cheese (gag!) from the recipe so it was even better. Super quick to make!

Then I made: Farfalle with Spicy Italian Sausage and Kale

The things I changed because it was what I had on hand (I used a can of crushed tomatoes, no cream, no mushrroms (gross) and used spaghetti) and yet it all turned out fine. I recommend cutting up the sausage first then putting it in to cook. SO TASTY!! Didn't take that much time (under an hour total!)

Also, I have made for the second time the hommemade gnocci (I paired it with a meat sauce this time)AND the parmesan chicken strips. Fun to have the chicken strips on their own with a salad and some quinoa.

1 comment:

  1. We just had gnocchi for the first time this week. It was so so good. I bought soem from the store - but I am impressed that you make your own!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!