I have seen this on numerous blogs, so I thought I would complete one as well...1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?I like both! Eggnog while we decorate the tree and on Christmas Eve. Hot chocolate is for the rest of the season of course.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?Santa wraps them although when I was younger sometimes they would just be under the tree unwrapped so we could see them right away. I still remember seeing a baby doll I had asked for under the tree waiting for me :)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?We have white lights on our gutters and colored lights on our bushes Then our tree has colored lights which I love and our manger set has white lights for the "star".
4. Do you hang mistletoe?Nope, I have never even seen it except in the movies,actually.
5. When do you put your decorations up?The weekend after Thanskgiving,although we buy/decorate our tree the weekend before Christmas.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?Um, I love our Christmas brunch's main dish which is a cheesy/egg souffle---so tasty!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
One year I was sick on Christmas Eve so I was taking a bath before my family came back from church and I heard Santa say, "ho ho ho". I called down to my older sister who was home with me to see if it was her and she said it wasn't and then when I went down to our tree there were presents from Santa waiting! I don't know why but that moment has been stuck in my head ever since...oh the Christmas magic!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?I don't really recall how old I was (probably fourth grade??) but I realized that Santa used the same wrapping paper as my Mom/Dad. And Santa had the same handwriting as my Mom, so I asked and my parents told me he isn't real,just part of the fun of Christmas.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?Yep,Santa actually drops off a bag of gifts while we are eating dinner and then we all get to open that one present.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
It's a plethora of old and new ornaments. And since the Lovebugs have been born, their pictures have invaded our tree with "grandparent" ornaments for my parents lol. And I get an ornament from them too to add each year :) I also like to buy ornaments for myself when I travel somewhere or if I see a cute one, so those are hung up. There are still old classic ones from when my older siblings were younger, and when my parents were "younger". Oh and last year I bought my parents an ornament that has ALL the kids' names on it because they have an older one that just has 5 of the 7 kids (you know, before my sister and I were born...) so I wanted to give them a more "correct" representation of their family :)
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I will admit that I like a white Christmas, but after that (like mid-january) snow is just annoying. And living in Chicago we get snow each and every Winter...it is just a pain/worry to drive in but I suck it up until Spring arrives.12. Can you ice skate?
I have never actually tried ice skating but I would like someday...
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I loved receiving my digital camera a couple years ago from my parents. It was a big surprise too, I hadn't even asked for one but they know me so well.14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Remembering the true reason for the season ---Jesus' birthday! And being healthy and celebrating with my family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Anything chocolate...or my oldest brother,J's cookies that he makes.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I love decorating our tree:we put on Christmas music, chat and reminisce with each other, hang ornaments, open our new ornaments, then end with egg nog and cookies.
17. What tops your tree?
My parents have an angel (although it is really old-style and sort of scary looking-ha!) but when I have my own tree I think I want to go the "star" route.18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
I really do love to give;especially to my Lovebgus and parents. Although I won't lie, receiving something is nice too because it makes me feel special.19. Candy canes: yuck or yum?
LOVE! I am eating one right now actually. I was just thinking the other day that I want to have a tree just for candy canes/candy cane themed ornaments :)
20. Favorite Christmas show?
I love the original Home Alone...or Elf...and of course, A Christmas Story!
21. Saddest Christmas song?
I will have to pick "christmas shoes" or "a soldier's christmas" because I can just picture a soldier all alone and it just makes me sad.22. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
Away in a manger
6 more days till Christ's birthday!!