Patrick Sharp in action :)
I grew up (and I still am) a die-hard baseball fan but in the past couple of years I have grown to enjoy and be thrilled with hockey. I am just amazed at the skill of these men because I have never even ice skated, let alone skating so fast and precisely while chasing after a puck and being slammed into a glass wall :)
Our very first hockey game in 2009
Last year (2010)..bestie K couldn't make it though :(
Reasons why I love watching hockey:
- The guys are incredibly talented
- They can multi-task oh so well
- Sometimes a fight breaks out
- The puck flies around so fast that most of the time I can't find it, so how do they?!
- Patrick Sharp is one fine-looking man
- You are put in a t
ime outpenalty for bad things (high sticking, icing, tripping,etc)
- I get so anxious when the puck is near the goal and I normally yell/squeak out loud (yes, I said squeak-haha)
- Patrick Sharp is sexy
- It is a relatively quick sport-about an hour and a half long (3 periods of 20 mins)
- Guys literally loose teeth if the puck flies at their face (I can't even imagine that pain!)
- It is just such a guys' sport!
- I get to hang out with my girlfriends and cheer on our Blackhawks!
- Patrick Sharp is fun to watch/look at/stare at
- They reward hard work
- Sometimes the game ends in a tie---so it isn't always about winning or losing
- You can slam other players into the rink and that is perfectly acceptable
- There is a "neutral" zone...I just think it is a funny name
- Patrick Sharp......enough said
- When a guy's stick breaks their teammate gives them theirs to use
- There are only 5 players on the ice at once, the perfect number to keep track of (unless of course there is a "power play" or "open net")
- It is funny and amazing to watch how quick the referees are at staying out of the players' way
- The passion for the game is intense
- A player can get a "hat trick" (scoring 3 goals in one game)
- Rivalries are a big deal
- Everyone gets a chance to play/taking turns is a must
- It truly is a team sport-"we" not "me"
The besties and I are gearing up for this year's game in December; we can't wait!
What sport(s) do you love?