Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Top 5 Tuesday: Thanksgiving

I found a fun, new link-up and since this week is all about Thanksgiving it fits right in...

Just Peachy

Top 5: Thanksgiving


1. Family time! I have a rather large family (being the 6th of 7 kids...) so holidays are especially fun when we all can get together. And granted, we ALL haven't been together in the same house in too long,but thanks to skype, it can seem like we are all under one roof. I love gathering around the long dinning room table filled with food and holding hands together while we say grace and give thanks.

2. Food! I love it all...cranberries, turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn casserole, rolls, green bean casserole, salad, stuffing, pumpkin desserts and other pies. YUMMY!

3. Leftovers! The Thanksgiving fixins' are always somehow better the next day...or the next three days.

4. Sleep/Relaxation! What is better than filling up on food then lounging in front of Christmas movies or tv show marathons? And sleeping in--glorious.

5. Gearing up for Christmas! I am one of those people that thinks it is way too early to decorate, listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving so the day and weekend after it is ON. The radio is tuned to Christmas music, I help my Dad put up our outside lights, peppermint overwhelms my recipes and coffee cup and I am in the mood for all things related to Christmas.

I LOVE this time of year!

Thanks, Rachel for great link-up!

2 comments:

  1. You are the first person I have seen mention the leftovers! I completely forgot how delicious Thanksgiving food is the day after -- but you are definitely right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right - the leftovers are the best!! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!