Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I am NOT surprised

I just stumbled upon this article at yahoo/monster. Let me tell you how NOT surprised I was to read that elementary education (the college degree I have) is the second on this list of "worst-paying degrees".

2. Elementary EducationTeaching is a noble career. While teacher salaries are low, job opportunities for teachers are expected to grow by 14 percent this decade, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

Starting median salary: $32,400; mid-career median salary: $44,000


I suppose I am thrilled to hear that in the next decade more teaching job opportunities will become available but let's be honest, in ten years won't a lot of jobs that are currently struggling be better to find?! Also, I better not be hired for my first full time position when I am 34 or I will be even more pissed off....

At least this article made me laugh a sad, un-shocked laugh.

Do any of you have a college degree that is on this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!