Friday, April 15, 2011

Birthday weekend + friday 5s

Joining up with Mama M this week...

1. What is your favorite sign of spring?

I cannot get enough of seeing trees blossom; especially cherry trees because their buds are gorgeous. 

2. What was your best birthday ever?

Ummm...they all have been great; but one birthday that comes to mind is my sixteenth because I was sent TWO dozen flowers at school. I felt so special walking around with my flowers,letting everyone know it was my birthday.

3. What is your favorite dessert?

I love some cookies and milk! Oreos are my first preference....although a small bowl of ice cream floats my boat too :)

4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?

Knock on wood, but I have only been pulled over once and that was years ago. I was speeding driving and singing along to the radio (a Kelly Clarkson song, if you must know) and totally unaware that I was going too fast until I looked behind me and saw the lights flashing. It quickly dawned on me that he wanted ME to pull over and I was super surprised and freaked out. However, I did not cry (like I thought I would) and he only issued me a warning-thank God! No excuse necessary, I was just calm and polite and honest.

5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?

One of the many weird things about me is that I do NOT use an alarm clock. I am a heavy/deep sleeper so I wouldn't really hear it so I rely on myself to wake up at the proper time. I wake up usually a few minutes earlier than I need to on work days and weekends I wake up whenever I want. Most people find the fact that I can just wake up on time without any technology strange, but that is how I do it.

I told you that I am weird.


Happy weekend, everyone!!!

I will be busy celebrating my 24th birthday (which is Sunday). I am excited to be going downtown Saturday with some besties for lunch and walking around. And Sunday I am participating in the March of Dimes' Walk for Babies then I  will probably redeem my free birthday drink from Starbucks (I know, I know) and of course some birthday cake will be eaten with the family!  

Have a great one!




**** 
Sidenote: take a glance at my March of Dimes donation button on my right side and if you feel so inclined,please add to my total. This is a wonderful, close-to-my-heart cause/charity and all the money raised is used in helping research and prevent premature birth and to help families with preemies. And if you could,please keep my team, the thousands of other teams, and families and preemies in your thoughts/prayers this weekend especially. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!