Friday, October 11, 2013

book club



This week I read,Sarah Jio's The Last Camellia
book-lastcamellia
On the eve of the second World War, the last surviving specimen of a camellia plant known as the Middlebury Pink lies secreted away on an English country estate. Flora, an amateur American botanist, is contracted by an international ring of flower thieves to infiltrate the household and acquire the coveted bloom. Her search is at once brightened by new love and threatened by her discovery of a series of ghastly crimes.
More than half a century later, garden designer Addison takes up residence at the manor, now owned by the family of her husband, Rex. The couple’s shared passion for mysteries is fueled by the enchanting camellia orchard and an old gardener’s notebook. Yet its pages hint at dark acts ingeniously concealed. If the danger that Flora once faced remains very much alive, will Addison share her fate?
(thanks to her website)

Man oh man, I love her books! She writes to beautifully and intertwines her characters and stories effortlessly (although I know it isn't really that effortless). I loved that this book goes back and forth between the 40s and 2000s and both women characters had similar problems but tried their best to fix them. I loved the setting,England! I saw the ending coming but now I want to read more of the story to find out what happened for those two characters at the very end. Another winner,and it is such a fast and pleasant read,I give it an A.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to finally read a book by Sarah Jio! Although with everything I've heard I she can live up to all the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one too! I have loved all of Sarah Jio's books. Thank goodness she has one coming out next month and one next summer. I would read one a month if she could wright it. ;0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!