Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Prematurity Awareness Month

November is Prematurity Awareness Month. It is a cause close to my heart (my left sidebar picture is actually of me when I was one month old after being born at 31 weeks with my twin sister; we weighed a combined total of 5 lbs 6 oz).

From the March of Dimes' monthly newsletter:
November is Prematurity Awareness Month, a time when the March of Dimes draws special attention to the problem of premature birth and raises funds to combat it. We know this cause is as important to you as it is to us. In 50 percent of cases, the cause of premature birth is unknown. Help us get to the day when all babies are born healthy and full-term. One voice can make a big difference.

So just like I have done the last two years, I will be making a donation at the end of the month to the March of Dimes based on how many Starbucks drinks I buy. For every drink I buy I will donate a $1; and if you know me you know that I frequent Starbucks a couple times a week and I tend to buy a drink for someone else every now and then. :) It adds up to a decent amount in the end!

I am just excited to support the MoD and the cause of Prematurity.

One in eight babies is born too soon

******
By the way, how are there only 2 more months of this year left?!?! Time is going by too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!