Monday, July 25, 2011

Le Tour de France 2011

What an amazing Tour it was this year!!


 There were lots of surprises, hundreds of strong and hardworking riders, horrific crashes, great teamwork, awesome mountain climbs, scary mountain descents, fighters, nerve-wracking time trials and just overall thrilling fun to watch. The American teams did very well, although poor RadioShack had awful luck and lost four riders during the tour but they never gave up and the remaining 5 men rode home!

Frank, Cadel and Andy...3-1-2. All men are great competitors.

First time in the Tour's history that two brothers were on the podium!

Team Garmin-Cervelo won the best team award.

Cadel Evans!

Thor won two stages and surprised us all. Way to show his world champion title!

Contador and Andy riding up the Alps. What a view!

I just like the shots of the peloton....


And I am so thrilled that the fighter and fantastic cyclist, Cadel Evans, won! And good news for his team, America's BMC. And of course to the two guys right behind him, the amazing Schleck brothers.

As I say every year, now what do I watch?


(All photos courtesy of google or versus)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! They really do make me smile and I try my best to reply to each one!